Just a quick one to say that I’ve not posted any new content lately because I’ve started on the write-up of part II of my piece on the history of the ‘Norfolk Biffin’ (a.k.a. ‘Norfolk Beefing’) apple. There’s a lot of material to write-up, so I may be at it a while…
In the meantime, I’ll try to post the odd historical recipe or three, especially if I find anything particularly tasty-sounding in the run-up to Christmas.
And, on the off-chance you’re stuck for something to read, here are a few of my more popular (according to Google Analytics) posts so far:
- How To: Identify Apple and Pear Varieties
- A Frost-Pruned Fig Tree, and What Happened Next
- A Tale of Two Crab Apple Trees
- How To: Turn Windfall Apples Into Spiced Apple Compote
- Restoration Pruning of an Overgrown Plum Tree
Plus, my ‘Norfolk Biffin’ posts to-date:
- The Norfolk Beefing / Biffin Dilemma
- On The Trail of the ‘Hereford Beefing’
- The Norfolk Biffin, A History, Part I – Biffin Desserts
Enjoy! And I’ll be back with more fresh content before too long.