Latest Posts and Updates
- Book Notes: Apple, by Marcia ReissA review of Marcia Reiss' social history of the apple, as told from a US-based perspective.
- Restoration Pruning of an Overgrown Plum TreeImproving the branch structure of an overgrown and crowded plum tree on our allotment plot.
- How To: (Hopefully) Prevent an Orchard Aphid NightmareIn which I attempt to save our damson from the ravages of an aphid infestation.
- Pruning: Crown-Lifting a Bramley’s SeedlingIn which we remove the lower branches to create space for the tree's owner to move around their garden.
- Restorative Pruning Workshop, Platt Fields, ManchesterA day of pruning tuition and practice at Platt Fields community orchard with the Orchard Project.
- Introducing Plot #79, Orchard-in-ProgressPreparing the ground for a 20-tree orchard on a derelict allotment plot.
- Modified Lorette System Pruning, Summer 2017Applying the Modified Lorette to our air-pot mini-orchard apple trees.
- Time To Thin Out The ApplesThinning out weaker, surplus fruitlets helps to improve the size and quality of the final fruits.
- Air-Pot Mini-Orchard Update: It’s Blossom TimeA healthy display of blossom should hopefully mean a few fruits to enjoy later in the year.
Join the Mailing List
To receive semi-regular updates when new content is posted, please visit the mailing list sign-up page and fill in the form.